The industry regulator, the Water Industry Commission for Scotland, requires all license providers to offer their customers a standard, ‘default’ level of service, for a ‘default’ tariff.
This is commonly know as the ‘Default Standard Tariff’ or DST and is the maximum a licence provider can charge you for water and waste services.
Further information is available at: www.watercommission.co.uk
All of our tariffs are based on the Default Standard Tariff
DST (minus) Tariffs
Our DST minus tariffs are ideally suited for medium to large business and offers customers a fixed discount on all water, waste water and drainage services provided to their premises. The level of discount received depends on which services that are provided to their premises, the level of use, and the length of term of our agreement.
Brightwater Saver Tariff
Our Brightwater Saver Tariff is ideally suited to small business with low usage and offers customers a variable discount on water and waste services. Charges for each individual service has been discounted to offer the greatest savings possible with savings on services varying from 7.5% up to 40%
Brightwater Charging Statements
Charging statements for Brightwater Saver Tariff and the Default Standard Tariff are available for download. These provide a details of the rates and charges for water, waste water and drainage services for both metered and un-metered premises
- Charging statement for Brightwater Saver Tariff 2018/19 (pdf)
- Charging statement for the Industry Default Standard Tariff (DST) 2018/19 (pdf)
Charging statements for specific DST (Minus) tariffs and non standard services, such as trade effluent, taps and troughs, are available on request
The Water Industry Commission for Scotland have also published a document outlining the default services, standards and maximum tariffs issued to licensee providers, these are available as follows (links to downloads from the Water Industry Commission website):
- 2018/19* Default Directions are available for download here (pdf)
- 2017/18* Default Directions are available for download here (pdf)
- 2016/17* Default Directions are available for download here (pdf)
- Default Directions for previous years are available here
* The water industry year runs from 1st April to 31st March