The industry regulator, the Water Industry Commission for Scotland, requires all license providers to offer their customers a standard, ‘default’ level of service, for a ‘default’ tariff.
This is commonly know as the Industry ‘Default Standard Tariff’, or DST for short, and is the maximum a licence provider can charge you for water and waste services.
Further information is available at: www.watercommission.co.uk
Our rates and charges are based on the Industry’s Default Standard Tariff, as published by the Industry Regulator, The Water Industry Commission for Scotland
DST (minus) Tariffs
Our DST minus tariffs are ideally suited for medium to large business and offers customers a fixed discount on all water, waste water and drainage services provided to their premises. The level of contract discount received depends on the services provided to their premises, the level of use, and the length of term of the fixed term supply agreement.
Brightwater Saver Tariff
Our Brightwater Saver Tariff is ideally suited to small business with low usage and offers customers a variable discount on water and waste services. Charges for each individual service has been discounted to offer the greatest savings possible with savings on services varying from 7.5% up to 40%
- Please Note: The Brightwater Saver Tariff is being phased out and is no longer available to new customers
Partial Exemption Tariff
This tariff is available to organisations who qualify for partial exemption under the Charitable Exemption Scheme. The Industry default standard rates are reduced by 50%.
Brightwater Charging Statements
Charging statements for the Default Standard Tariff, Brightwater Saver and Partial Exemptions are available for download. These provide a details of the rates and charges for water, wastewater and drainage services for both metered and unmetered premises
01 April 2022 to 31 March 2023
- Charging statement for the Industry Default Standard Tariff (DST) 2022/23 (.pdf)
- Charging statement for Brightwater Saver Tariff 2022/23 (.pdf)
- Charging statement for Partial Exemption Tariff 2022/23 (.pdf)
01 April 2021 to 31 March 2022
- Charging statement for the Industry Default Standard Tariff (DST) 2021/22 (.pdf)
- Charging statement for Brightwater Saver Tariff 2021/22 (.pdf)
- Charging statement for Partial Exemption Tariff 2021/21 (.pdf)
Charging statements for specific DST (Minus) tariffs and non standard services, such as trade effluent, taps and troughs, are available on request.
Industry Default Standard Rates and Charges (“Default Directions”)
The Water Industry Commission for Scotland publishes a document each year outlining the default services, standards and maximum tariffs issued to licensee providers, these are available as follows (the following pdf links download directly from the Water Industry Commission website):
- 2022/23* Default Directions are available for download here (.pdf)
- 2021/22* Default Directions are available for download here (.pdf)
- Default Directions, and other documentation, for previous years are available on the Commissions website here
Default Wholesale Charges (Scottish Water)
Our charges for non-standard services are based on Scottish Water’s wholesale scheme of charges. Our retail charges for these services are marked up by 12%, unless stated otherwise.
- Copies of the wholesale scheme of charges is available from the Scottish Water website here
- Copies are also published on the Commissions website, these are available for download here
* The water industry year runs from 1st April to 31st March