What is the Scottish Business Pledge?
The Scottish Business Pledge is a values-led partnership between Government and business. It is a shared ambition of boosting productivity, competitiveness, sustainable employment, and workforce engagement and development.
It is built on:
- a commitment from the Scottish Government and its partners, to support sustainable business growth in Scotland
- a voluntary code of business practice which you can use to guide and boost the future development of your company
- a mutual pledge to ensure that prosperity, innovation, fairness and opportunity develop hand in hand in Scotland
The Scottish Business Pledge has nine components:
- Paying the living wage
- Not using exploitative zero hours contracts
- Supporting progressive workforce engagement
- Investing in youth
- Making progress on diversity and gender balance
- Committing to an innovation programme
- Pursuing international business opportunities
- Playing an active role in the community
- Committing to prompt payment
Making the Scottish Business Pledge means:
- meeting the core commitment of paying the Living Wage
- fulfilling any two other Pledge elements now
- a longer term commitment to all 9 elements
The Scottish Business Pledge is exactly what the words suggest – a voluntary commitment made by companies in Scotland to uphold some of the best in modern business practices and to embrace the principles of fairness, equality, opportunity and innovation.
We have pledged our full support for the Scottish Business Pledge and are actively working to meet all 9 commitments.
You can find more information at https://scottishbusinesspledge.scot/