A Brightwater we’re dedicated to providing our customers with exceptional customer service, however things do sometimes go wrong. We want to make sure that complaints we receive from our customers are fully investigated and resolved to their satisfaction.
Contact our customer service team
Our customer service team are available from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday and are happy to answer any questions you may have. You can contact our team:
- By phone on: 0330 022 05 70
- By fax on: 0131 510 69 18
- By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By completing our online contact form
- By post to: Customer Service Team, Brightwater, Harbour Point, Newhailes Road, Musselburgh, EH21 6QD
We aim to respond to your query within three business day of receiving your complaint.
We may need to liaise with another organisation to investigate your complaint, for example Scottish Water. If so we will contact you within three business day of receiving your complaint to advise you of this and when we expect the information needed to investigate your complaint to be provided by the other organisation.
Appealing the resolution of your complaint
If our Customer Service Team are unable to fully resolve the complaint to your satisfaction, you may appeal the decision to our management team. Please detail your appeal in writing, by email or post to:
- By post to: Management Team, Brightwater, Harbour Point, Newhailes Road, Musselburgh, EH21 6QD
- By email to: email@example.com
The team will undertake an independent review of your complaint and respond within 10 business days of receiving your appeal. If we have been unable to resolve your complaint or you have not received a satisfactory response within 10 business days you can contact the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO)
Contacting the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO)
If you remain dissatisfied, you can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) to look at your complaint. The SPSO is the final stage for complaints about public services in Scotland. The SPSO cannot normally look at complaints:
- where you have not gone all the way through the organisation’s complaints handling procedure
- more than 12 months after you became aware of the matter you want to complain about, or
- that have been or are being considered in court.
You can contact the SPSO:
- In person: SPSO, 4 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7NS
- By post: Freepost SPSO (you don’t need to use a stamp)
- By phone: 0800 377 7330 (freephone)
- Online: www.spso.org.uk/contact-us
Last updated 01.10.2018